Local 37 is partnered with the State of Rhode Island department of labor and has a 3-year apprenticeship program made up of a minimum of 677 hours. Classes are held during the week Monday thru Thursday 7am to 5pm. 40 hour block training classes will be held in September, November, January, March, and May. Apprentices will have to opportunity to learn the trade hands on during their three-year apprenticeship and earn while they learn depending on the current needs at the time.
Our Next Application Period will be April 16, 2023 thru April 30, 2023
Applicants MUST upload a valid Drivers License. A State ID will not be considered.
Applicants must also be at least 18 years old.
After submitting application, prospective apprentices must:
- Bring us two letters of recommendation
- A high school diploma/GED,
- Doctors note giving a written statement that they are physically capable of Iron Working and being able to do the following:
- Wearing a safety belt weighing 25-50 lbs for a full day.
- Carrying steel rods weighing between 50-150 lbs each.
- Climbing for erection jobs, bridges, wall-reinforcing, etc.
- Walking, climbing, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying for a full day.
After receiving all requirements by the deadline, there will be an interview process for selection. Please call the office at (401)438-1111 with any questions.